Sunday, July 27, 2014

Left to Die - Lisa Jackson 5 stars

I was happy to finally pick this book up. It has been awhile since I have read a Lisa Jackson book. Which is odd since she is one of my favorite authors. I have not been disappointed really by anything that she has wrote.

In this book we have a serial killer known as The Star Crossed Killer. Selena Alvarez and Regan Pescoli are on the hunt to take the killer down. Each of the victims are stripped naked and lashed to a tree in the cold Montana mountains, left to die there alone.

The first thing I need to say is that Lisa Jackson has a great gift for amazing imagery. So amazing and realistic that the readers will be able to place themselves right into the story and take the place of the victims, or the detectives, or even the antagonist. I was actually pretty blown away by the prologue itself and how it made me feel reading it, the terror and pain the uncertainty. And not to mention how I was instantly engaged just from that. I wanted to at least share the part of the story and let you decide if it engages you.
http://www.amazon.com/Left-To-Die-Lis...

There is always a lot of action and excitement in her books and this one was no different. I also enjoy how readers also get some backstory on the characters as well, but it's not over the top boring back story. I also enjoyed how readers get different POV from a lot of the characters including the Antagonists. Adds a lot more to the story without making it confusing.

I love the characters in this first installment. I think that MacGregor was probably my favorite character of the bunch. At first I was unsure, but as I got to know him I found there was a lot about him to like, he so was very well developed. I also really enjoyed Alvarez and Pescoli, probably Pescoli the most though. She was flawed, a little gritty and very tough and I love characters like that. All the characters in this book are pretty raw and very well developed.

So if you love Mystery then do yourself a favor and pick up this book, and then pick up the rest of them after that. There is even a new release coming in a couple of days. Deserves to Die. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment