Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Proper Gauge - Wool 2 - Hugh Howey - 3 stars

I did not enjoy this installment of Wool as much as I did the first until the last remaining pages in the story that entailed a twist I did not expect at all. So that was a huge plus and of course pushes me to continue with the story.

In this installment we read about Mayor Jahns and Deputy Marnes, and learn more about them and their functions here in the silo. The silo ends up without a Sheriff and they need to go down into the deepest part of the silo to recruit a new one that they have in mind. Along the way they learn so much more about one another and also learn about others as well that is not so great.

I did not really feel like I learned all that much about these 2 characters. I did enjoy how they got to know one another though. The imagery of the silo is fantastic and actually made me visualize every square foot of this place. I thought it was amazing how large this place is and all the work that was done to maintain life here.

There was a great twist in the end of this one, just like the first one that makes it pretty much inevitable that you will carry on with the next. And I really like that about this series. I felt though that this one was just a little dry and even a little boring in places but still enjoyable to read. I do look forward to continuing with the third book in this series, Casting Off.

No comments:

Post a Comment