Saturday, August 9, 2014

Chosen to Die - Lisa Jackson - 5 stars

After I read the first book to this series, Left to Die I knew going into this next book that it would be great. I have to first say that Lisa Jackson is one of my favorite authors. I feel like she has a gift for great imagery and also great characters. Her writing has a way of connecting with her readers and holding them there.

In this installment we have Regan Pescoli fighting for her own survival against the maniac known as the 'Star Crossed killer'. The rest of the force are desperate to stop the madman from taking more innocent victims while at the same time, searching for Pescoli.

This book was jammed packed with so much action and excitement. Mystery upon mystery to solve. I found myself second guessing everything just trying to figure things out. The imagery, once again, was phenomenal. I love the way our author demands her readers to immerse themselves deep into the plot of this story becoming the victims, because everything is so realistic it is hard to not imagine yourself in their place. What I love the most about this author, is her style of writing, it just feels so real. The stories are always so engaging from the beginning to the end.

In Chosen to Diereaders get to rejoin all the best characters from the first book. Among them are my favorites, Regan Pescoli and Nate Santana. I just love the realism of these characters, actually all of the characters. It was easy for me to connect with them. They were flawed, gritty, and relentless in their quests. I also like the bits of backstory that goes along with them. The authors allows us inside of their heads and experience what makes them all tick, antagonists and protagonists alike.

I really can't recommend this book enough. If you love mystery and have not yet experienced Lisa Jackson's writing, then I urge you to start with this series, you wont be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment