Monday, August 25, 2014

Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn - 4 stars

I finally picked up this book to read since I have heard so much about it. This is my first book by Gillian Flynn and I have to say it did not disappoint. It was a tiny bit slow in the beginning but picked up quickly for me and then I could hardly put the books down.

In this book 2 young girls were murdered and had all of their teeth removed. Camille, a reporter, who is just released from a short stay at a psyche ward must return to her home town to report these murders as her first assignment. Camille is fighting many issues and tries to deal with everything once she arrives.

Wow is all I can really say about this book. So very messed up on so many levels. But the writing is so well done, so gritty, dark, engaging and even poetic. What a strange town painted in this book with some pretty strange people. The Author writes some very well developed characters, from your hateful and vindictive to your quiet and reserved. I would never in a million years want to live in a place like this with a mother like Camille's. It makes you steadily realize why Camille and her sister Amma were the way they were.

I recommend it to anyone who likes the darker side to a story because this whole story is a dark side of life that happens for real to real people on a daily basis in our world today. The author captures that so very well in this tale. I look forward to Gillian Flynn's other books!

No comments:

Post a Comment