Monday, August 4, 2014

I hunt Killers - Barry Lyga - 4 stars

I had received this book for review from Net Galley. This is a first time read for me with this Author and I have to say I really enjoyed this book quite a lot. It is so very different from your normal 'serial killer' tales and I loved that.

In this book we have Jasper (Jazz) Dent who is the son of a pretty infamous serial killer. Jazz has been a witness to so many brutal crimes and he fights daily with his own thoughts on how he himself will turn out. Will he become a killer like his father? So he tried to figure himself out as he tries to helps out the police with the knowledge he gathered from his father's teachings.

The plot of this story I think was very well constructed. Set in a relatively small town which is always a great place for a mystery. It was nothing like I have ever read before, which made the story quite refreshing. It had great imagery built into it with a lot of great elements as well. I also think the story was very engaging, fluid and easy to read. Before I knew it I was finished.

I loved the characters in this book, they are so well developed. I really liked Jazz, Connie, and Howie a lot. I found I could connect with them rather easily. I also love how the Author lets us inside the heads of the serial killers. To see how they operate and to know what they are thinking and why they do what they do. I think it would be awesome to get some backstory to the life of Jazz before his father was put away behind bars, I find that aspect of the story to be quite intriguing.

I look forward to whatever other books come after this one since there was a rather large cliff hanger in this tale. I know that I enjoyed the writing style of this author very much. I can recommend this book to anyone who loves a great mystery with some pretty maniacal serial killers.

No comments:

Post a Comment