Thursday, August 28, 2014

Opal - Jennifer L. Armentrout - 5 stars

I am really glad that I decided to take this journey through the Lux series. I had not read anything alien before I started it and it has been really enjoyable and fun so far. I find myself looking forward to every book in the series. I think this installment is my favorite so far out of the 3 that I have read to this point.

In this installment the crew plan the rescue of 2 captured friends from the clutches of the DOD, and have to risk putting their trust into people that they prefer not to just so they can get the job done. Katy and Daemon fall deeper in love while Katy hopes to rebuild a friendship with Dee and prove her worth to the others.

I am really enjoying the world building in this series. Not a terrible place to live but not completely safe either. I can totally envision myself there and being totally unaware of aliens being all around us. This world has a lot of depth and has great imagery as well, from the classic shops, to the restaurants, to the houses that they live in, and I love that. I love to be able to immerse myself in the middle of all of this. A fiction story being so realistic is amazing.

The characters too are beautifully created and I love all of them, from the antagonists to the protagonists, the author definitely gives the readers what they crave when it comes to great characters. My favorites will probably always be Daemon and Katy. Even though Daemon is egotistical and conceited the care he has for Katy is obvious. I love how the author did not use 'instalove' with these two because it makes it so much more realistic. We also get introduced to some new characters and some characters return.

The adventure and the excitement has been non stop throughout this series so far and I am loving it. A HUGE cliffhanger at the end of this one makes me anxious to start the next one, Origin I have these on my kindle and because of loving this series so much I plan on buying all on them in physical copies. I recommend this series to anyone who likes something different, aliens, or YA.

No comments:

Post a Comment