Sunday, August 31, 2014

Through the Zombie Glass - Gena Showalter - 4 stars

This is book #2 in the White Rabbit Chronicles. I had wanted to get to this sooner than I did, but it never worked out. So I am glad that I finally got around to this one since I enjoyed the first one so very much. I had hoped this one would be just as good and for the most part it really was and that makes me happy. The beginning was a tad bit slow, but I think that was due to me trying to remember everything from the prior book.

In this installment Alice has a few added struggles to the ones she already deals with. Her and her posse need to take down the hoards of zombies now on a daily basis. But unforeseen events happen to Alice that gets in the way of her accomplishing this task herself but it really spices up the story a bit more. Also there are trials & tribulations where her and Cole are concerned.

The world created here is really pretty good as far as zombie apocalypse tales go. There is not a whole lot you can change or add extra, but the author does manage to keep the story exciting by not creating your basic zombies, but instead, your not so basic Zombies. These zombies like souls rather than blood, brain and guts. It is certainly a very different but fresh idea and I love that.

Our characters are also very interesting. There are a lot to love and hate in this story. We have our regular characters returning and also some new faces are introduced. I really like Alice and I like how the author has developed her in this story. Her growth as a character is amazing. I am a little on the fence with Cole, he seems to be a little wishy Washy in the love department with Alice. I just want him make a decision already!

So overall I loved the story and I recommend this to anyone. Just don't go into this story expecting some souped up fairy tale, because that is definitely not what this story is about. I so look forward to the next book in this series and I am sure I wont be disappointed! Gena Showalter is a great writer and easily one of my faves!

No comments:

Post a Comment