Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas - 4 stars

So I picked this book up not intending on reading it at that moment but I opened the first page and then the next and then before I knew I was hooked. I am so glad I grabbed this book off of my shelf and started reading it. An emotional roller coaster for sure.

This is a love story between a man, wife, son and a bystander named Katie. Katie is in love with Matt until one day he disappears and she has no idea where he has gone. He leaves behind a diary called Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. She opens the diary takes a plunge into Matt's world that she never knew existed and she fell in love with all the characters and even deeper in love with Matt.

I was pleasantly surprised by this book because I read another contemporary by Patterson and did not really like that one. This one was very good IMO and I enjoyed it so much. First of all this was wrote in Diary form for the most part until we come to Katie's part. I was immersed into another side of this love story that made me feel so much.

I had read several of the other reviews with people saying how dumb, dry, and boring this story was, but I just can't see that at all. I see a very heart felt story that makes you grab a Kleenex, a story that you wont soon forget, and a story that made my heart fill with so many emotions. I guess emotional, heart felt books are not for everyone.

As far as the characters go, I think they are beautiful characters, maybe not the best developed that I have ever read, but I can say that reading them makes you love them. I grew so fond of all of them and wanted to know them, wanted to know more about them.

I loved watching Katie go through this diary and feeling those same things she felt at the same time. What can I say about Matt? He is a strong person? Or what about Suzanne or maybe Nicholas, they are beautiful, caring and understanding? I wont say much more about the characters, I will just recommend you read this book and decide what you think about them yourself. Don't let the bad reviews steer you away from this book, because there is truly something special to take from this story.

Isn't it lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment