Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cress - Marissa Meyer - 5 stars

This is the 3rd installment of The Lunar Chronicles, and in my opinion the best of the bunch so far. I find this series has been really engaging right from the start and I feel like the books get better the further I go. I have every intention of reading Fairest before November when Winter is released.

In this installment we have Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress all working together for the greater good, with their sidekicks of Wolf and Thorne. The life of the earthen hangs tediously on Cinder's decisions along with the choice that Emperor Kai also makes where Queen Levana is concerned. Everything is coming to head in this book ending on a great cliff hanger.

Wow the world building and the plot both are fantastic in this series. If things were not so messed up on Luna I would almost want to live there since earth is made to look so inferior. I like the imagery as well. A lot of action, adventure and excitement in this book, I think it grows with each installment and I love that. They get better and better in my opinion.

The characters are amazing, and developed so well throughout the series. You meet new ones and cling to the original ones. There are a lot I love and hate and several I am on the fence about. The antagonists are some of the best created villains ever. I find myself seething at the thought of them. I have to say I love Thorne and he is probably my favorite of all of them. I also love how all of the characters some together and connect! Just very well done!

I recommend this series to anyone who loves YA Fantasy/ Sci Fi. It is a very well put together series so far and I look forward to continuing my journey through the pages of the Lunar Chronicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment