Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Undone - Karin Slaughter - 4 stars

This is book #3 to the Will Trent series and it is a mystery/thriller. I have to say I did enjoy the book, and the characters. It flows well with plenty of action and excitement.

In this installment Will and Faith have to find and stop a serial killer who brutally manipulates his victims through starvation, torture and rape, all while dealing with their own personal issues. Who will be next?

I really enjoyed the mystery to this installment. I think the story flowed well and had some pretty good 'edge of your seat' moments. I think the imagery was also really good with a great plot line while tactfully targeting eating disorders. So it had a great mix of different elements.

I really like Will Trent a lot. He has some major issues with some that have not been touched on yet. I am eager to see if in upcoming installments we learn more about him. I also enjoy Faith's character. She is tough as nails and knows how to get the job done. A great mix of antagonists and protagonists that are well developed throughout the series.

I recommend this book/series to any mystery lover. Slaughter pushes the limits between moral and immoral issues in her writing and I really enjoy that. Sometimes teetering on the darker side. I look forward to the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment