Sunday, April 19, 2015

Ready to Die - Lisa Jackson - 4 stars

This is book 5 of Lisa Jackson's 'to die' series. Although not as good as the first 2 in the series it is still a great mystery. I look forward to reading book 6 Deserves to Die next month and finishing out the series.

In this book our serial killer is targeting people closer to home for Alvarez and Pescoli, and they need to stop the culprit before he gets even closer. Pescoli has a some surprises in store for her, and some decisions to make as well.

This is a another great mystery within a mystery plot for Jackson filled with excitement, action and great imagery. The plot to the story was not a favorite but it was still pretty good imo. I found this one to be a little predictable and I have never had that happen before with a Jackson book. But overall it was a great read.

I just love Alvarez and Pescoli so much. They are probably my 2 favorite female protagonists in mystery books. They are 2 of the most flawed characters out of all that I have come across and I love that. I love Pescoli's image and her 'not gonna take this' attitude. It gets her through life. And then Alvarez keeps her leveled headed when she needs to be. They are a great team! As far as Pescoli's kids, they drive me insane and need to cut her a break and I hope I see them mature a bit more in the story, but then again it kind adds to Pescoli's struggles which contributes to her being such a likable character.

I will always recommend Lisa Jackson to people who love mystery, because I feel like Jackson writes it so well. Always sure to leave her readers guessing and always giving readers plenty to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment