Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Want to Play? - P.J. Tracy - 4 stars

I picked this book up of the sales rack in our local Used books store. I picked it up solely on the cover design and when I read the synopsis I knew I wanted to read it. This also has a sequel called Live Bait that I also plan to read in the near future.

In this book we have the murder of a couple who were killed in a pew in the church they attended. While the police try to find out 'whodunit' Grace MacBride and her company MonkeeWrench have their own problems going on when they discover that recent murders in their town are set up the same as in the game they are designing. Both investigations lead back to a catholic school, do all of these murders connect in some way? This is what Detective Magozzi and Grace need to figure out before it is too late.

This was really a great read. I think it was written very well, with a great plot and very flawed characters. This is a thriller/mystery and I loved the plot the most, it was written very well and was very engaging. And a lot of mystery to have to figure out. I love a book that has more than one mysterious plot line and this book satisfied that really well for me. It had me guessing the whole time as to who was the guilty party. I thought it was going to be really predictable, but boy was I wrong!

The characters were also developed pretty well. I just wish there would have been a little more on the characters from MonkeeWrench. So I would love a book that gives me the backstory on Grace, her crew and their lives, back in college when Grace goes through a very brutal time in her life, maybe the next book will cover that. Grace and Magozzi were my favorite characters in the book and I really like the trust that develops between them.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves a good mystery or thriller. I look forward to the next one in this series, even though I do not know how many are in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment