Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan - 5 stars

Another great installment to the Percy Jackson series! I am really enjoying the series a lot especially since I did not think I would like it all that much, but it has been a treat reading it and I will be sad when the series is over.

In this book Percy and his comrades must explore the interior of the Labyrinth created many many years ago by Daedalus to prevent an attack on Camp half blood. What secret will be revealed, who will survive and who will not?

Wow the world and imagery that Riordan has created only gets better with each book. It is like you can just insert yourself right in the middle of the plot with all these amazing characters. Even though we know these things could not happen they become real to the readers and experience everything the characters experience. Such a fin and engaging read for everyone.

I really think the characters are my favorite part of this series. I find Percy is much less annoying than he was in the first few books and that is awesome. I think the author shows the characters growth well throughout the series. In this installment we meet some new characters along the way. I think they are all developed very well.

I recommend this book and series to anyone who likes middle grade books. With its mix of magic and mythical themes it is sure to be loved by many! I do look forward to the final installment even though I must say good bye to all of these memorable characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment