Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Scorch Trials - James Dashner - 5 stars

This book was for a buddy read with my friend Shelleen and while she was waiting for her book to come, I could not stop myself from reading this. I have to say that I absolutely loved it! I think it was better than the first one in the trilogy.

In this book we find Thomas and the gladers recooperating from their narrow escape from the maze. Theresa has been seperated from the other gladers, why? Well because she is a girl of course. Now the group is beng made ready for the next trials, the Scorch trials. But why all the tests? What is going on with Theresa?

Wow I loved this book so much and it was so angaging that I was just blowing through the pages. I did not want to put the book down. The imagery in this book was amazing and I could almost feel the heat that these boys were feeling as they entered the next phase of the trials. The plot line and the twists were great as well. I find that this plotline was much more exciting and had a lot more action!

The characters were really awesome. They are developing and growing really well in this series I think. I did not know what to think about Theresa in this one, I am scratching my head and I am pretty sure I understand what is happening with her and I dont like it at all. I also find Thomas showing weakness where she is concerned, maybe too much even.

I recommend this whole series for ANYONE! There is an amzing story being told here and everyone should experience it. I am looking forward to the next book in this trilogy, The Death Cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment