Saturday, September 26, 2015

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson - 5 stars

This book was chosen for me by a friend that I am doing a pick 5 challenge with for this year. I was not too sure about this book, as this is a first time read for me with this author. I finally got around to getting it from the library and after reading it, I decided that I need to own this book. It was such an awesome, feel good book that I found hard to put down. What a great summer read.

In this book we have Amy who recently lost her father to an accident in which she blamed herself for. She is told that she is taking a road trip with Roger, (who by the way, needed to get to Philadelphia.), to where her mother moved them to in Connecticut. Amy realized that she was losing herself and this road trip is exactly what she needed to find herself again.

I really liked the plotline of this story. This is an awesome 'feel-good' story. Who doesn't love a good summertime road trip? I know I do, so this book was right up my alley. I found it heart wrenching, exciting, happy and sad all at the same time. I found it to be very engaging and very memorable and I had a hard time putting the book down. I love stories like this.

I loved the characters so much. I found them to be developed so well and also very memorable. I really found Amy to be both likable and relatable, in so many ways. I loved her character probably the most. I liked how she learned to take the bull by the horns and just live, and enjoy what she was experiencing. I also liked how she really started opening up throughout the story. I was not all that thrilled with her mother though I have to say. She seemed cold and distant, but it also made me realize that these things can happen as we struggle to deal with loss in our lives.

I recommend this book to everyone, especially if you like great adventure stories with a little romance on the side, because this one has plenty of both. I do look forward to reading more from this author. She is quite talented and has a very fun writing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment