Monday, September 21, 2015

Inkspell - Cornelia Funke - 4 stars

I read this book as a buddy read with a friend here on Good Reads, and since I enjoyed the first book, Inkheart, and it's world building so much I thought I should get to this one as soon as I could. I am glad that I decided to get into this series, but I must say it is a pretty complex story and is definitely not light reading.

In Inkheart we learn that Mo, Meggie's father, can read characters out of the books that he reads aloud. Well this one continues on with all those great characters and several new characters for readers to enjoy as well. You have to pay attention to what you are reading in this book though because the story and the characters both are very complex. It really is not a light read, but it has a beautiful world with a lot of great imagery.

The characters in this story are very well developed, vibrant and complex. There are plenty of characters to hate as well. I really enjoy Meggie and Dustfinger the most I think. They are both very likable. I think they just get better with each of the books in this trilogy and I certainly look forward to spending some more time with them.

I recommend this to anyone who likes fantasy. It has great world building with a pretty complex plot line and characters. I do look forward to the last book in the series Inkdeath. I am sure it will have an amazing conclusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment