Friday, September 25, 2015

Voyager - Diana Gabaldon - 5 stars

I am reading this series/book for our Outlander series Read along group. We are reading one book a month until we finish the series. This book, Voyager, is a favorite next to Outlander for me. I am so glad I decided to read this series, there is so many great elements in every one of the books I have so far.

I don't want to give a synopsis for this book since it would contain spoilers for the books before it and I don't want to spoil anyone. This journey should be taken without knowing any of the events to come with each installment. So I will just say that the adventure, the romance, and the sacrifice continues with this book.

Again the world building in this book is amazing. Readers get to not only time travel, but also travel to many different places that we could only dream of visiting. Again with no surprise this installment was very engaging, hard for me to put it down when I needed to. The story just carries you way on these adventures that, as a reader, will never forget.

The characters are all so realistic and unforgettable. They are so well developed that you feel as though they are your own family and friends. They grow on you with each turn of the page and as readers of this series we invest so much time into their lives learning about them and getting to know who they are and what they stand for. A lot of times the characters will surprise you, make you mad, and fall in love with them all over again. There is a great cast of characters, but not so many that readers feel overwhelmed with them all. Claire & Jamie are definitely my OTP.

I do have to recommend this series to anyone who loves a good adventure with great elements such a time travel, historical, and of course Romance. If you have not yet picked up book 1 to this series, you need to because this is an adventure that you don't want to miss. I have not been bored or disappointed with anything I have read in this series so far. Diana Gabaldon has a great talent and I look forward to the rest of this series and going even further into history and into Claire and Jamie's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment