Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Don't Look Back - Jennifer L. Armentrout - 5 stars

I finally got to go to one of my small local libraries to look for a few books I needed or my pick 5 challenge and I saw this one on the shelf and decided I would read it. I had heard pretty good things about and all I can say is that I am glad I finally got to this one. It was a pretty amazing story.

In this book we have Sam who was found by the road by the Sheriff's department. Nothing looked familiar to her, she did not know her name or anything about herself, or where she had been or what had happened to her. Everyone else tells her about who she is, or who she was, and that was one of the popular 'mean girls'. She had a hard time believing what she was being told until fragments or memories started coming back to her, and where was her best friend Cassie who is still missing? As Sam begins to piece together her life again she gets closer to the truth.

I really liked the plot of this story a lot. It flowed so well and was so engaging. I loved the mystery aspect of the story too. I found myself asking a lot of my own questions along with Sam. It was very fast paced and creepy at the same time, and I loved that as well. I found the book not predictable which I thought that it would be. I also enjoyed the plot twist at the end that I never expected. This story also has some nice psychological twists as well.

I liked the characters a lot too. I think they were pretty well developed. I liked Sam's character and how her thought process went. I also like how she was a rehabilitated bully. There were plenty of both, antagonists and protagonists in this story to love and hate. One of the best things about this story was none of those annoying love triangles with any of the characters.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves YA, Mystery, romance, it has all of this. Also recommended to anyone who likes the writing style of Jennifer L. Armentrout. I was definitely pleasantly surprised by this story and I am so glad that I decided to read it. A great first read of the month and well deserving of this 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment