Saturday, September 5, 2015

Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury - 2 stars

I decided to read this book for a buddy read because I never had read it before. I hear that this is required reading in school however it never was for me after reading this it made me wonder why it was even required reading in the first place. I am however glad that I finally got to it and can check it off my list of classics to get to.

In this story you have a world where it is illegal to own or read books. There are firemen who do the opposite of what firemen do in our world, these firemen start fires by burning any books that they find. Guy Montag is one of those firemen. He meets a young girl named Clarisse and she makes him begin to rethink what he does for a living in a very messed up dark world.

I am not sure exactly what it was that I was reading when I picked this book up. I did like the plot of the story, but this was really just ok for me. I did not like the writing style of this author at all. I found some of the sentences did not make sense at all and it make the story very unrealistic. There were also scenes that send to slide right off into another scene and it made it a little confusing.

I did not really care for any of the characters in this book. I did not find that they were relatable to me at all. I think they lacked depth and personality as well. It felt like Guy went from one extreme to another and it did not make him very believable.

No comments:

Post a Comment