Thursday, September 10, 2015

Fallen - Karin Slaughter - 5 stars

I have been reading this series for a few months now and I have enjoyed all of the books I have read so far and this one is no different. This could be my favorite so far in the series, and I look forward to the rest of the books and any that may be written in the future.

In this installment we have Faith who goes to her mother's house and sees that things are not what they usually are when the front door is open and a bloody handprint in on the door. Her mother has been abducted, and it is up to her and Will to find out why.

I love these books so much. Each has a different mystery to solve, while we watch our characters develop through each story. I love how they are so engaging and easy to read. I just get so easily wrapped up in the story that I feel as though I am there in the middle of things. The authors uses great imagery throughout the story to keep readers totally enthralled. I did not expect the wrap up that I got with this installment and I loved the added drama.

The characters are brilliant and so well developed. I feel as though I know them personally. Will is definitely my favorite of all of them. He is so gritty and flawed you can't help but love the effort he puts out to get through each obstacle in his life, such as his maniacal wife and the fact that he is dyslexic to boot. There are also plenty of characters to hate as well. All of them are amazing.

I can recommend this book to anyone who loves a good mystery series wrote by a strong female author. All of the books are so well done. I look forward to the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment